[GNC] Concern with the lengthy list of "Known Issues"

D sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 21 21:39:20 EDT 2019

I'll chime in here to say that I've had no significant problems using 3.4 or later. I've been using Gnucash for many years, and recently moved from using a Mac to using Windows. That transition left a few preferences for me to rediscover, but otherwise was smooth.

As for the migration of settings and reports from version 2 to 3, I admit that I didn't follow the discussions that closely, but I was given to understand that the transfers of settings and reports largely were handled by the software upgrade process seamlessly and automatically, and that only a few users encountered troubles.

Finally, as a background comment, the transition from version 2 to 3 entailed a change in an underlying UI package (gtk), which caused a large number of behavioral changes that resulted in a lot a "known issues."

Personally, I only look at the known issues if I have an issue of my own come up. Why trouble trouble?

David T.