[GNC] Concern with the lengthy list of "Known Issues"

Bruce Irving eaglebruce2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 22 11:50:20 EDT 2019

I started with 2.x and had a couple of very irritating issues.  When  discovered 3.5, I up-graded and my issues were history.  I have since upgraded one of my systems to 3.6 still have only minor inconveniences.  I believe that I noticed the list you mentioned but I have seen similar lists in a lot of SW that I use and treat is as more of a "wish list" of things that might need fixing.  (In the process of up-grading, I discovered the manuals and have been able to improve my GC experience greatly.)Bruce

On 2019-07-21 13:31, scotts wrote:> I'm looking for other opinions. In my experience, version 2.6.21 seems to
> pretty much work as advertised. No crashes, runs quickly enough on my
> computer, all the functions I've tried seem to work fine. Normally I would
> upgrade any software to the latest release, hopefully taking advantage of
> bug fixes and new features. But when I see the long list of issues, I
> hesitate.
>
> Would appreciate any comments from others. Am I being overly paranoid?

On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 Stan Brown wrote:Here's one data point --

I feel pretty much as you do, on all counts. I don't know whether that's
paranoid, but the long list of known issues, particularly the user
interface changes from the new GTK, have put me off from installing
version 3.

Stan Brown