[GNC] menu sizes

Eric Coates eric.coates at sky.com
Wed Jul 24 06:09:01 EDT 2019

>>> Hi - for some reason, recently whenever I open gnu cash, all the dialogue boxes open with the bottom buttons barely visible and unusable until I drag the box sides to make each one bigger.  This is extremely inconvenient and annoying.  Anyone have an idea as to what I did to make this happen and how to correct it?

Eric

Some time back I had a somewhat similar situation; I found a possible
reason and a fix for my situation.

But - I'm running a dual screen version of Ubuntu 19.04 so "my" fix may
not be applicable for you.

In 19.04 there is a screen setup utility that allows for the alignment
and position of the two (in my case) screens. It turned out that I had
not been exact enough in making sure that the top edges of the two
screens were EXACTLY in line - they were out by just a few pixels. When
I got the alignment right (took a bit of trial and error) all was OK.

Up to that point I'd always assumed that the picture shown in the
utility was a simple schematic showing just leftness/rightness, upness
and downness but it turned out to be more sophisticated than that.

In the hope that'll help

Best wishes

Eric