[GNC] Account report: defined date range

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 26 08:44:21 EDT 2019

On Thu, 25 Jul 2019, Adrien Monteleone wrote:

> If you can scroll prior to your filter, you must not have applied the
> filter.

Adrien,

Except that the date range in the filter box displays when I go back and
look at View -> Filter by.

> I’ve never used the right-click method and just found out, that it seems
> to save separate settings to the View menu method.

Same results using View -> Filter by as right-clicking on the account.

> I’m not sure what you mean by ‘account total for the date range’.
>
> There is a running balance.

See above. I want the sum of all debits (it's an expense account) for the
selected date range.

> Does the first transaction on the report start at 1/1/19 according to your
> filter or on some date in 2017? If 2017, again, the filter did not take,
> try again.

Yes, tie filter did not work despite having specific start and end dates
selected. As I wrote, the report starts on 01/03/2017 using both a
right-click to open the filter dialog box and the menu View -> Filter by.

Regards,

Rich