[GNC] Bar chart reports

D sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 28 00:22:13 EDT 2019

John,

The chart reports include an option on the Display tab, Show table, which will include the data table. Checking that option displays the data upon which the chart is built. Then you can copy and paste those data directly into your spreadsheet.

David

On July 27, 2019, at 2:15 AM, John Griessen <john at industromatic.com> wrote:

On 7/26/19 10:42 AM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> The quickest path to a custom chart is to run the report to get the data you want, and then copy/paste to a spreadsheet and use the charting features there. I think most if not all charts in GnuCash have an option to include a data table that you can use as well.

OK.  How about scripting this?  Has anyone made a bash script to generate a data report, then
process it into a chart, and save to a file?

When you say "include a data table" I'm lost.  It would not be part of a chart, so included in what?
Generating a data table, (which to me means name:value pairs from an expense report would be great.  I could bar chart it with any
tool.   I don't need the structure of the account levels in gnucash, just choosing which accounts, (or placeholdler aggregating
accounts) to bar-chart, then being able to set the appearance details in an outside program is all I am wanting.