[GNC] GC Crash Report

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 11:38:05 EDT 2019

> On 28 Jul 2019, at 15:26, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 28, 2019, at 4:45 AM, Michael Hendry <hendry.michael at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I had just completed the editing of a number of transactions, transferring them from an asset account to a liability account by opening the asset account and changing each one in turn until the asset account was empty.
>>
>> I then deleted the (now empty) asset account, without closing the tab relating to the account. I’m not sure whether I clicked on the tab to check whether it was indeed empty, or whether it happened as I deleted the account.
>>
>> The report on the crash is here:
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/zczsz5xaw13djyn/GC-Crash-2019-07-27.txt?dl=0
>>
>> I’m running GC 3.5 on iMac with Mac OS X High Sierra.
>

> Hmm, the stack is corrupted. There's no path between gnc_plugin_business_main_window_page_changed  and gnc_split_register_get_current_trans, but both are called by gnc_plugin_page_ui_register_update.
>
> I tried to replicate the crash with a simple book and failed, the account deleted with no error.
>
> Please do file a bug, and if you can provide some more detail about reproducing it that might help.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Thanks, John.

I’ve recreated the file I started from earlier today, and then I went through the process of switching the transactions from asset accounts to corresponding liability accounts.

I had made and corrected a number of errors the first time round, ending in the crash, but I got into the swing quickly this time, and all the changes went through without a problem, and without the crash.

I hinted that the tab for one of the asset accounts had remained open after its deletion, but each time I deleted an account this afternoon the corresponding tab disappeared at once.

I’ll post a bug report, but without a reproducible crash I realise this may not be very enlightening.

Regards,

Michael