[GNC] GC Crash Report

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Jul 28 10:26:31 EDT 2019

> On Jul 28, 2019, at 4:45 AM, Michael Hendry <hendry.michael at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I had just completed the editing of a number of transactions, transferring them from an asset account to a liability account by opening the asset account and changing each one in turn until the asset account was empty.
>
> I then deleted the (now empty) asset account, without closing the tab relating to the account. I’m not sure whether I clicked on the tab to check whether it was indeed empty, or whether it happened as I deleted the account.
>
> The report on the crash is here:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/zczsz5xaw13djyn/GC-Crash-2019-07-27.txt?dl=0
>
> I’m running GC 3.5 on iMac with Mac OS X High Sierra.

Hmm, the stack is corrupted. There's no path between gnc_plugin_business_main_window_page_changed  and gnc_split_register_get_current_trans, but both are called by gnc_plugin_page_ui_register_update.

I tried to replicate the crash with a simple book and failed, the account deleted with no error.

Please do file a bug, and if you can provide some more detail about reproducing it that might help.

Regards,
John Ralls