[GNC] GC Crash Report

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 11:15:43 EDT 2019

> On 28 Jul 2019, at 13:29, Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:
>
> Just curious,
>
> Did you transfer all of the transactions in that asset account to the same liability account? (1:1 transfer)

There were several asset accounts, each one of which was transferred on a 1 to 1 basis to a Liability account of the same name.

> If so, you could have just deleted the asset account and GnuCash would have asked you where you wanted to move the transactions. (of course, the method you chose should work as well without a crash)

I tried that, but I was only offered Asset accounts as options for the move.

> I’m not 100% certain, but I think the devs would prefer crashes be reported on Bugzilla. You can upload your crash report there.

I’ll see if I can reproduce it.

> Another thing that *might* be of use, do you have a backup copy where you could repeat the steps that led to the crash and reliably make it crash again?

This was an experimental file, copied from the definitive file.

I’ve just made a fresh copy from the latter, and will try to repeat the process. Unfortunately, I may not do it in precisely the same way as I did it last time!

Michael