[GNC] Misc Newbie Questions

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Jun 3 10:56:49 EDT 2019

Hi,

AEG via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> writes:

[snip]
> I've been managing my finances with AceMoney for many years and like the way
> future scheduled transactions can be made visible in all accounts via a
> global setting. This makes it very easy to turn that visibility on or off
> from a simple menu setting and to set how far in advance they would be
> shown. Also, the future transactions are greyed out so that, although
> visible, they are not easily confused with present entries, but they can be
> manually brought forward, edited and made current via a simple right-click
> menu.

Sure, I can see how this would be useful, and could be implemented for a
subset of SXes where the values are pre-computed.  But what should it
display if there is a user-variable in the SX?  Currently, when an SX
with a variable fires, it pops up a dialog and asked the user to fill in
the variable.  But for your suggestion, you're asking to see the SX
before it actually fires -- so the variables aren't being filled out.

Alternatively, you can just tell the SXes to fire up to 300 days in
advance, but then they become "real" transactions and get harder to
hide.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745