[GNC] Unsplitting a transaction

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Jun 5 14:45:24 EDT 2019

Hi,

On Wed, June 5, 2019 2:34 pm, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jun 2019, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> Expand it and remove all the other splits.
>
> Derek,
>
> That's what I tried before writing. I left only the credit and an expense
> debit. When I saved the transaction it still showed 'split' and had empty
> rows.

If you did that, then you didn't properly remove the other splits.  You
need to go into each cell and manually remove the data, then tab out..
Then use the arrow key to move up and the split will disappear.  Continue
until all the extra splits are gone.

>> Or you can expand and right click -> remove splits (I *think* that is
>> the
>> correct phrasing)
>
> Well, there was a 'delete splits' option which did nothing for me but wipe
> out the 'split' in the transfer column and the amount in the credit
> column.
> I couldn't fix it so I essentially re-created the transaction.

I just looked.  It's right-click -> remove other splits.

Make sure you have the anchor split selected when you do this.
Then you'll need to re-add the correct "other" split and properly set the
debits and credits.

> Thanks,
>
> Rich

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745