[GNC] Unsplitting a transaction

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 14:47:39 EDT 2019

It has always been my custom to start from the left in the row that I want
to delete and alternately hit delete and tab across until the split
disappears completely.  I am not sure if that is the only way to do it, but
I got into that habit long ago.

The main caveat is if that is done in the last or only row containing the
account register name of the current view, the entire transaction seems to
disappear out of that register view without warning, but it still exists in
the general ledger and the register views of the other split lines.  In my
case that process takes several seconds and it is irreversible if done by
accident.

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 1:35 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jun 2019, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
> > Expand it and remove all the other splits.
>
> Derek,
>
> That's what I tried before writing. I left only the credit and an expense
> debit. When I saved the transaction it still showed 'split' and had empty
> rows.
>
> > Or you can expand and right click -> remove splits (I *think* that is the
> > correct phrasing)
>
> Well, there was a 'delete splits' option which did nothing for me but wipe
> out the 'split' in the transfer column and the amount in the credit column.
> I couldn't fix it so I essentially re-created the transaction.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

David Carlson