[GNC] 3.5, transfers between accounts of different currencies, setting the exchange rate

rmomxtx at gmail.com rmomxtx at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 18:30:20 EDT 2019

Adrian,

Seems to be working now. Not sure why though. I went to Tools/Price
Database/Currencies and added today's rate to both MXN and USD. The
historical record of exchange rates was there so I assume 3.5 transferred
that data over from the update. Took two or three tries transferring from
USD to MXN to get the transfer to register correctly. If I changed the
amount in the MXN account it would change the dollar amount to match an
older exchange rate. Then suddenly it decided to work. The exchange window
popped up and we were back in business.

I didn't understand the value of this popup window before. At first found it
annoying, but now am glad for that feature.

I did not know about the exchange rate block in the transfer window. Nice.
Probably use it in the future.

Thanks,

Roger

Message: 5