[GNC] File not found, file in history

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 03:48:23 EDT 2019

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 at 05:55, Centins at rq <centins at redquyn.com> wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> I think the panic of losing years of Dara blinded me to the simple idea that that was just a blank and not some imagined lost key to a proprietary file structure or something. Then down a rabbit hole trying to get Mailman installed just to get some help.

Does that mean that you do not have a backup of your data file?
Remember that a hard disc or PC can go up in smoke (literally or
metaphorically) at any moment.  Also there is always the possibility
of a bug or human error destroying the data. It is vital to take
regular backups of important data and keep occasional backups offsite
(in case of fire for example).  Also regularly check that you backups
are restorable and do actually contain the data you think.

Colin