[GNC] File not found, file in history

Greg Feneis mfeneis at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 08:28:02 EDT 2019

Also, unless things have recently changed, on Macs, I recall there's a
curious behavior where clicking on the file you want to open doesn't
necessarily open that file. While it will start GnuCash, GnuCash only opens
the most recent file in the recent file list.

It happens, occasionally, that a Mac user will relocate their file and then
click on it to start using it. GnuCash then ( starts, tries to open the
most recent file in the recent file list, and can't find it because it was
moved, and ) claims the file the user just click on cannot be found.

The solution is the same as Adrian has already outlined. After GnuCash
starts and the errors have been dismissed, use file>open to navigate to and
open the correct file.

Kind regards, Greg Feneis
(Galaxy S7)