[GNC] no user assigned error message

NHEngineer NHEngineer at Gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 16:05:26 EDT 2019

I'm a brand new user so please be easy on me.  I was a Quicken user but I'm
not going to subscribe to the new owner's blackmail demand so I've chosen to
try to learn gnuCASH.  I struggled through the account set-up and I thought
I did everything right - guess I missed something.  The gnu help didn't help
me much.  It may be the the 'no user assigned' is triggered by many
different errors.  I search "no user assigned" here and only found two
threads neither of which applied to my problem.

I thought I followed the instruction for setting up my checking account at
Northway Bank in Berlin, NH properly.  It was a struggle but I thought I was
successful.  'Thought' being the operative word.  When I tried to transfer
from the Northway account to my gnu file, I got this error message:

<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378656/NoUserAssignedError.jpg>

When I closed that window, I got this one:

<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378656/NoUserAssignedError02.jpg>

Help!