[GNC] Future transactions

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 16:55:08 EDT 2019

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 at 21:36, AEG via gnucash-user
<gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
> I don't understand why anyone would actually want to CREATE
> transactions in advance because they affect the account balances, which is
> not something I want to do.

When transactions are entered in advance they go in with the correct
transaction date in the future.  The actual current balance can still
be seen in the register, as can the estimated future balance after all
the scheduled transactions have gone through. This allows one to look
forward and make sure that there will be sufficient funds available.
I find this an extremely useful feature.

Colin