[GNC] OT: DMARC / DKIM and the GC lists

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sun Jun 16 17:58:05 EDT 2019

On Sunday, 16 June 2019 22:38:46 BST Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> I don’t see how #2 would solve anything as gnucash.org isn’t sending mail
> through your domain. You can request DKIM checks as part of an incoming
> spam filter, but that wouldn’t have anything to do with your settings for
> outgoing mail.

Hi Adrian,

my intention with #2 is to permit gnucash.org as an authorized sender of
messages from chilwell.net,....I'm not proposing to route the list through my
server.  I'm not that daft!

> I wouldn’t do #1, or #3.
>
> If the message is making through to gnucash.org anyway I’d just go with #5.

I'm still learning, but I think the messages are failing after the listserv
reflects out to the membership.  GC gets the copy, but then maybe Liz or Derek
see bounces from [member at recipient-domain.com]? ....don't wanna annoy Liz. :-0

#5 seems likely...

thanks.
Maf.