[GNC] New computer to set up gnucash and migrate from old.

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Mon Jun 17 08:47:47 EDT 2019

On 6/16/2019 5:41 PM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> Randy,
>
> If the old computer still runs at all, you can network them together and use the Windows User Migration feature. (not certain of the exact name, but that term should get you close in a search engine) It will move all of your data and settings as part of your user account. (you get to fine tune what it migrates as well)
>
> Regards,
> Adrien

<< I often leave things out >>

I did not describe this for the simple reason that even if you do not
make regular backups THIS is a situation where you would want a full
backup. In other words, when migrating to a new computer you would
almost always want to copy ALL your user data  to an external device
(your external backup drive) and then you would copy from that to where
user data goes on your new computer.

Michael D Novack