[GNC] Could a new report be added

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jun 17 15:27:06 EDT 2019

That would be an ideal report and there have been many requests for it on this list over the years. (I was one of those) I think something like this is in the works and might even be available for further testing in the next release. (If I remember the thread correctly)

For now, you can use the Budget Report and simply not show the budget amounts, just show the actuals. You can even get your YTD column as the ’Totals’ column if you like.

You can then export this to a spreadsheet for further manipulation and formatting as desired.

Alternatively, you can run each period separately and export to a spreadsheet and then combine them. If you choose to always show all accounts, even those with a zero balance so that the rows match, you can pull in the individual periods and have the ‘master report’ on its own sheet tab that simply is a set of references to the individual period reports that are in their own sheets. It would of course take some time to set up but then would be a fairly quick process after that. (you can also set up a single period on your master report with the cell references, then ‘fill’ across to the next 11 columns. Some spreadsheet apps are smart enough to update the relative references. Others, you simply select each column at a time and do a Find/Replace on the referenced sheet name.)

Regards,
Adrien