[GNC] I just don't understand reconciliation

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Tue Jun 18 01:37:15 EDT 2019

   Hi All,
   I am confused to the point of tears.
   I created a dummy account: "bozo" and "Bozo Expense".
   Initial balance was $100.00 (over payment).  Then I added some charges
   and another payment.
   I "pretend" that the 7.00 and 150.00 do not show up on my statement, so
   I leave
   them at "n".  The rest I put at "c".
   Then I hit "reconcile" and tell it the ending "statement date" is
   06/12/2019.
   It correctly fills in the ending balance sans the 150.00, which is
   after the
   statement date.
   Everything good so far.  The box in the lower right is correct.  the 7
   and 150
   are not "R" checked off, which is the way I want it.  This simulates
   things not
   on the statement yet.
   -135 is what my pretend bank statement would show.  And is the ending
   balance
   of -128 would be "IF" the 7 had passed.  And the difference is indeed
   the 7 that did
   not pass.  So far I understand.
   Now I press "reconcile" and it inserts a weird entry into the register:
   AND ROYALLY SCREWS UP MY real ending BALANCE!
   1) Why did it screw up my balance !!!!????
   2) Why in the reconcile windows does it not pick up my "n" and "c"
   entries,
   3) why after reconciling do my "n" and "c"  entries not change?
   I am so freaking confused!!!!
   Someone please rescue me!
   Many thanks,
   -T