[GNC] I just don't understand reconciliation

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Jun 18 19:36:19 EDT 2019

> Adrian,
>
> If it add spurious entries for translations that have not passed
> during the date periods I am checking, it is useless.  It would
> only work if I altered all my charge dates to their actual
> post date.  That I DO NOT WANT.
>
> The box in the lower right corner of the reconcile field is very
> useful.  The reconcile feature is not.  I will just use that and
> press cancel when I am happy
>
> -T

You didn’t even really read my reply did you?

It is not adding spurious transactions. Certainly not on its own.

I noted in the other reply that you are probably clicking the `Balance` button when you should not be. THAT is the problem.

Your actual charge dates don’t need to match their cleared/posting dates to complete the reconciliation. Why do you think they need to?

Regards,
Adrien

p.s. -please bother to spell my name correctly if you’re going to include it. That is really annoying. It is right there in front of you at the bottom of each of my replies.