[GNC] I just don't understand reconciliation

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Tue Jun 18 19:58:02 EDT 2019

On 6/18/19 4:36 PM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:

>> Adrian,
>>
>> If it add spurious entries for translations that have not passed
>> during the date periods I am checking, it is useless.  It would
>> only work if I altered all my charge dates to their actual
>> post date.  That I DO NOT WANT.
>>
>> The box in the lower right corner of the reconcile field is very
>> useful.  The reconcile feature is not.  I will just use that and
>> press cancel when I am happy
>>
>> -T
>
> You didn’t even really read my reply did you?

I did

> It is not adding spurious transactions. Certainly not on its own.

It is adding what I did not check off as being on the statement.
GRRRRRRR

> I noted in the other reply that you are probably clicking the `Balance` button when you should not be. THAT is the problem.

Wait an extra month to get those charges that did not pass on
the current month

> Your actual charge dates don’t need to match their cleared/posting dates to complete the reconciliation. Why do you think they need to?

If I do that, then I could reconcile as the date would be
inside the statement period. I do not what to do that.

Maybe what I should do is what I have been doing, which
is to

1) use the box on the lower right of the reconcile
dialog to see if I balance with my ending date of
my current statement

and

2) use Balance with the starting date of my current
statement, so a month behind.