[GNC] Assistance on transition from one OS to another

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 23:05:47 EDT 2019

Hello,
I am a long time user of gnucash on a Mac, and am now transitioning to either windows or linux; I'm still sorting out which.
This message is decidedly NOT a request for anyone's input on that choice, however.
What I am trying to figure out is how to get the many customized preferences I have made over the years-- such as colors for specific accounts or the screen layout-- migrated from my Mac to the new OS.
I see from the wiki that there are basically four classes of supporting files location, although one (GTK_DATA_HOME) is blank in all OSes.
I believe that I must copy the files I find in my Mac at these four locations into their correlating locations on the destination OS, (e.g., copy ~/Library/Application Support/Gnucash/.local/share/gtk3.0/settings.ini to c:\users\david\AppData\Local\gtk-3.0\settings.ini) to but I'd like confirmation that I have this right.
TIA,David T.