[GNC] subscribe to newsletter and a question

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Jun 19 07:08:30 EDT 2019

On Wednesday, 19 June 2019 11:15:35 BST Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> I forgot to mention that *if* you are not concerned with who the balances
> forward are owed by/to, then you can carefully enter manual balance forward
> transactions between AR/AP and Equity:Opening Balances.
>
> Generally, you don’t want to make manual entries to these AR/AP accounts,
> but if you are aware of the consequences, then you can proceed. (the
> consequences are that the Business features will not be cognizant of those
> entries, and with this method, you’ll have no way to see exactly who you
> owe that AP balance to, or who owes you the balance of your Receivables.
> But this is a simpler option for some special cases)
>
> Regards,
> Adrien

Hi,

similar to Adrien's approach, I would perhaps suggest just making the opening
balance transaction, but doing it on a "fake" invoice (number zero or
something) that just brings in the total owed.  Date it before the current FY
start.

I've been bitten by making manual entries an AR and I wouldn't do it again.

HTH,
Maf.