[GNC] Expense distribution main and sub accounts

NORMAN HOSKIN norm953 at bigpond.com
Wed Jun 19 00:21:36 EDT 2019

Hello,
I have set up gnu cash for an association.
The acc set up is a master account for the managing body and 6 sub accounts for all the associate bodies.
All the income & expenses are entered in the sub associate account.
The all works well with each sub body balancing The difficulty I am having is when I have and expense from a sub account payable to the managing body account.
The expense is rent.

If I expense against the sub body acc I require it to expense to be subtracted from the sub body account and added to the main body account without duplicating the expense.
Currently I can only show it in either the managing acc or associate  account.
Can this issue be resolved.

Thank you
Norm