[GNC] Expense distribution main and sub accounts

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Jun 19 00:45:40 EDT 2019

I’m not certain what you mean by ‘body’ but it seems to look like your dealing with 6 separate entities and a parent entity.

If that is the case, while you might be able to accomplish this with some fancy and very duplicative account structures, and likely a few duplicate transactions, you might be better served keeping all of those books separate from each other. (some legal jurisdictions require the separation)

But if you really need/want to stay in one book:

Who is the expense for? the sub or the managing account? It only needs to be recorded once as an expense - where it actually belongs.

This will balance with a credit to an asset used to pay the expense.

But it also needs to be recorded as income for the managing account. There is no way around this. (you’d have a separate transaction anyway if you had separate books) This will balance with a debit to whatever asset account according to the actual payment method received.

Regards,
Adrien