[GNC] Expense distribution main and sub accounts

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Jun 20 04:19:37 EDT 2019

You should speak to a local CPA with regards to the question about separation of concerns.

Otherwise if keeping everything in one book, two separate transactions, or extra split lines in the same transaction, as David C. noted, would be your process within GnuCash.

If you have to separate the books, you could export the needed reports to a spreadsheet (or copy/paste) and then consolidate them there. You could likely do this with a tab for the consolidated report that references cells in the individual reports so all you’d have to do is get the individual data on their own tabs and the consolidated version would auto-populate and calculate any needed totals.

Regards,
Adrien