[GNC] I just don't understand reconciliation

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 03:16:10 EDT 2019

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 at 00:56, ToddAndMargo via gnucash-user
<gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
> So basically, I need t wait for my next statement to come to "c" the
> charges that did not make it on the current statement.  So reconcile
> will always be a month behind.

I think you may be misunderstanding what the reconcile feature is for.
You should reconcile when you receive a statement from the bank.  The
purpose of reconciling is to match transactions you have entered
against those in the statements.  As far as reconciling is concerned
the dates of transactions are irrelevant, only the amounts are
important.

There is usually no need to manually change the reconcile column
unless you have a particular reason for doing that.  Just let the
reconcile process do it for you.

Colin