[GNC] Unable to reconcile

Anna anna.tricoter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 08:45:43 EDT 2019

Yes, that's the first thing I checked.  You'll see that my initial post confirmed this.

This is the first reconciliation since upgrading to a newer version.

I've done some more investigation, and found that it is because one of the transactions had been entered under an incorrect date.  This new version will not allow reconciliation until all transactions within the date span are marked off, meaning that if a cheque is entered, the date will have to be changed from the date it was written to the date it was presented.

Regards
Daisy
On 27/06/2019 09:41:02, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, June 26, 2019 3:58 pm, Daisy wrote:
> I'm trying to reconcile current account. Opening and closing balances
> tally, as does reconciled balance, but I cannot finish the reconciliation
> because the cleared balance is different. Total paid in and total paid out
> are correct.
>
> Have made sure that all transactions that should be reconciled are marked
> off.
>
> What is causing this discrepancy?

Make sure your ending balance, as entered when you start the reconcile
process, matches your statement ending balance. And then make sure only
the items on the statement are checked off in the reconcile window.

Derek Atkins 617-623-3745
derek at ihtfp.com www.ihtfp.com