[GNC] Unable to reconcile

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 08:32:48 EDT 2019

If you mean you have gone through the reconcile process as you
normally do, and ticked everything off that appears in the statement
from the bank, but you end up with a Difference which is not zero then
almost certainly you have made a small mistake.  Either in entering
the closing balance or one of the transactions.  When this happens to
me is usually something like a transaction of 5.83 that I have
erroneously entered into GC as 5.38, then when I do the reconcile I do
not see the error and just tick it off.  Go through each entry
carefully and double check that the GC transaction exactly matches
that in the statement.

Colin