[GNC] Unable to reconcile

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Fri Jun 28 13:27:00 EDT 2019

On 6/27/19 5:45 AM, Anna wrote:
> Yes, that's the first thing I checked.  You'll see that my initial post confirmed this.
>
> This is the first reconciliation since upgrading to a newer version.
>
> I've done some more investigation, and found that it is because one of the transactions had been entered under an incorrect date.  This new version will not allow reconciliation until all transactions within the date span are marked off, meaning that if a cheque is entered, the date will have to be changed from the date it was written to the date it was presented.

I am on the latest version and do not have to do this.  I have checks
still outstanding within the date range and don't have to check them
off.  In fact, checking them off makes the Difference non-zero.  Leaving
them unchecked allows the Difference field to go to zero when the
correct other transactions are checked off.

You need to do some more investigating.  Sometimes I find that an
earlier transaction was unchecked (do to some action on my part during
the intervening time period) which then left the difference column
non-zero.  However, that transaction should show up on the
reconciliation panel as unchecked.  It is a simple matter of checking
that additional transaction off and watching the difference field go to
zero.

If you can't get the difference to zero, then you need to understand why
and resolve the issue.

> Regards
> Daisy
> On 27/06/2019 09:41:02, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, June 26, 2019 3:58 pm, Daisy wrote:
>> I'm trying to reconcile current account. Opening and closing balances
>> tally, as does reconciled balance, but I cannot finish the reconciliation
>> because the cleared balance is different. Total paid in and total paid out
>> are correct.
>>
>> Have made sure that all transactions that should be reconciled are marked
>> off.
>>
>> What is causing this discrepancy?
> Make sure your ending balance, as entered when you start the reconcile
> process, matches your statement ending balance. And then make sure only
> the items on the statement are checked off in the reconcile window.

> -derek
--Steve

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM