[GNC] apply coefficient to an account

Peter Münster pm at a16n.net
Tue Mar 5 13:21:58 EST 2019

On Tue, Mar 05 2019, John Ralls wrote:

> You could just create two payroll expense accounts, one chargeable and
> one not-chargeable and split the payroll expense between the two.

The payroll expenses come from OFX files from the bank. After importing,
how can I split 30% into one account and 70% into another?

> Then you can run the P&L report with only the chargeable account
> selected.

Yes. If it's possible to do such splitting, then it will be ok.

> Better still, have the employee keep a time sheet recording the time spent on
> each task

No, not an option in our case. Anyway, the 70% split is fixed in the contract.

> and the bookkeeper can assign the expense to chargeable or
> not-chargeable depending on the actual time spent.

The bookkeeper, it's me... ;)

> But using a P&L report for billing is weird.

No, it's not for billing. It's just for showing the results of the
bookkeeping to the public organisation.

Kind regards,
--
           Peter