[GNC] Suggestions for personal use of GnuCash

rrowan at pdsconnect.me rrowan at pdsconnect.me
Tue Mar 5 15:15:32 EST 2019

I ran dual last year with MMEX (using since 2013) and GnuCash for personal finances. Today I tried to set up loans/mortgages that I have lent, not borrowed, but could not select from assets.

Please consider those of us who are lenders and not borrowers.

Also, personal use does not require vendors and customers as distinct entities. A simpler approach would be to tie to a contacts file. I use the "description" field inconsistencies can result from not using a source file when typing in a name in another account.

	To simplify the development of such a feature, consider a common contact list such as from gmail as most every user would have access to that file. Later releases could add other databases such as Apple's.

	Thank you very much.
Richard E. Rowan