[GNC] MySQL

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 7 10:39:28 EST 2019

On 3/7/19 7:22 AM, David G Hamblen wrote:
> In the past, I've had problems with a mysql file, just getting
> seqfaults.  Turned out that I was entering a transaction with a 1962
> date.  I forget the details, but mysql stored it as a zero, which I
> couldn't reopen.  I changed the date (to post-1970?)  with the mysql
> command line tool.  Perhaps more recent versions of GC handle this better.

In the old days, and perhaps to this day, UNIX and Linux systems had no
dates prior to 1970/01/01. Maybe mysql still has this limitation. In the
early days of UNIX, it ran on 16-bit machines and they kept time to the
second in a double-precision format.

Now, with 64-bit machines being de rigueur, time is kept more
accurately, and will not run out in 2038. ;-)

--
  .~.  Jean-David Beyer
  /V\  PGP-Key:166D840A 0C610C8B