[GNC] Setting up chart of accounts

Bucky Carr bcarr at purgatoire.org
Thu Mar 7 13:03:19 EST 2019

The way I did it was to set up a CoA with 5 parent accounts: Asset,
Equity, Liability, Income and Expenses. I set those as top level
accounts so no transactions can be entered directly into them. Then I
set up all my child accounts under the proper parent accounts. Then I
set up the opening balances in each child account. Depending on the
level of detail I wanted some of the child accounts have child
accounts of their own.

HTH