[GNC] Setting up chart of accounts

Bucky Carr bcarr at purgatoire.org
Thu Mar 7 18:36:37 EST 2019

I did it directly in the child account with the corresponding,
double-entry accounting entry into Equity child account.

For example I have my Asset:Banking:Checking1 hierarchy and my
Equity:Opening_Balances hierarchy. In the Checking1 child account I
entered the opening balance with a corresponding entry in my
Opening_Balances child account. That Equity:Opening_Balances child
account ends up with lots of entries from all the open balance entries
pulled in from various accounts during the setup process.

(I'm not an expert but this has worked for me)