[GNC] New user beginning balances receivables

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Mar 8 18:45:52 EST 2019

Teresa,

If you don’t need the exact aging info and just want to start from ’today’ you can create ‘invoices’ for each customer with their aged balance, with today’s due date.

If this is more like a ‘uncollectable’ or ‘allowance for doubtful accounts’ tracking you can simply make this a child account of A/R.

But the more complete option would be as David suggested and import the actual aged invoices with actual due dates and let GnuCash do the lifting. You may not need line-item detail unless you are transitioning away from the current invoicing process. You could just post a single line item to an income account. I’d go with whatever was easier to export from the current invoice system keeping in mind what level of detail you need to retain.

Regards,
Adrien