[GNC] Calculate medical expenses for 2019

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Mar 9 16:45:20 EST 2019

Clair Garman wrote:
>    I desire to use gnucash to work on an account showing all my medical
>    expenses:
>
>    1. extract the year 2019 into a new account
>
>    2. set the Expense value on the first entry on the new account to 0
>    (zero).
>
>    3. have gnucash recalculate the appropriate values for Expense and
>    Balance to all lines.
>
>    Obviously I want gnucash to show the total of all my medical expenses
>    for 2019.
>
>    --

I would do this by way of making a report.
[I do not have Gnucash on this computer, so you are now dependent on my
memory]
Open the Expenses:Medical account
Use the Filter option to show 1st Jan 2019 to today
Make an Account Report for the displayed account.
If this is exactly what I want, save the report, for which it needs its
own name.
When I need 2020, change the dates in the saved report and save with yet
another name.

Liz