[GNC] Uninstall GC

Dennis Powless dpowless517 at pobox.com
Thu Mar 14 17:10:43 EDT 2019

I have that file in the build directory...... build-gnucash-3.1

*""""The error says that "make" is on root's path but not dennis's and that
it's a link to /usr/bin/cmake and that doesn't exist. That's a problem with
your system and you need to clean it up.""""*
How do I clean this up.  I'm not sure, what I need to do in order to make
this happen.  Do I need to reinstall this?  This is the output on whereis
make and cmake.  make --version and cmake --version

dennis at dennis-XPS-8500:~$ whereis make
make: /usr/bin/make /usr/share/man/man1/make.1.gz
/usr/src/googletest/googletest/make /usr/src/googletest/googlemock/make
dennis at dennis-XPS-8500:~$ whereis cmake
cmake: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake /usr/local/bin/cmake
/usr/share/cmake /usr/src/googletest/googletest/cmake

dennis at dennis-XPS-8500:~$ make --version
GNU Make 4.1
Built for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Copyright (C) 1988-2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

dennis at dennis-XPS-8500:~$ cmake --version
cmake version 3.13.3

CMake suite maintained and supported by Kitware (kitware.com/cmake).

dennis at dennis-XPS-8500:~/Applications/build-gnucash-3.1$ ls
bin                    CPackConfig.cmake        install_manifest.txt
bindings               CPackSourceConfig.cmake  lib
borrowed               CTestTestfile.cmake      libgnucash
cmake                  data                     Makefile
CMakeCache.txt         dist_manifest.txt        po
CMakeFiles             doc                      share
cmake_install.cmake    etc                      test-templates
cmake_uninstall.cmake  gnc_data_home            util
common                 gnucash

dennis at dennis-XPS-8500:~/Applications/gnucash-3.1$ ls
AUTHORS         ChangeLog.2005  ChangeLog.2015  HACKING
bindings        ChangeLog.2006  ChangeLog.2016  libgnucash
borrowed        ChangeLog.2007  ChangeLog.2017  LICENSE
ChangeLog       ChangeLog.2008  cmake           NEWS
ChangeLog.1999  ChangeLog.2009  CMakeLists.txt  po
ChangeLog.2000  ChangeLog.2010  common          README
ChangeLog.2001  ChangeLog.2011  data            README.dependencies
ChangeLog.2002  ChangeLog.2012  doc             test-templates
ChangeLog.2003  ChangeLog.2013  DOCUMENTERS     util
ChangeLog.2004  ChangeLog.2014  gnucash