[GNC] Saved report configurations

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Mar 19 16:01:31 EDT 2019

Op dinsdag 19 maart 2019 20:33:32 CET schreef rmomxtx at gmail.com:
> Thanks Geert,
>
> Windows 7. I found the file in C:/Users/TOSHIBA/.gnucash/saved-reports-2.4.
> Out of curiosity, I looked for it on my Windows 10 computer and didn't find
> it. I didn't see anything special for Windows 10 in the wiki. Not important
> really as long as the update takes care of that.
>
> You said, " If you want to force the migration, you should move the
> directory aside before running gnucash 3.x." Will it work to copy the 2.4
> file to the 3.4 directory? I saved the 2.4 file from the working pc to a
> USB.  I'm guessing I'll have to delete the 3.4 saved reports file, if it
> even exists as I have not saved any reports on the test computer. I would
> like to give it a try.
>
> Roger

Hi Roger,

If I understand correctly from your reply to John, the new computer is only to
experiment with 3.4. It will not be used to actually upgrade from 2.6 to 3.4 ?

In that case you can indeed copy the saved-reports-2.4 file to the new pc.

If you enter a Windows Explorer on that PC, and type
%appdata%\GnuCash
in its address bar, that should open the proper location to store the saved
reports file for gnucash 3.4 (provided you have run gnucash 3.4 before at
least once). Note don't copy the file there while gnucash is running. It may
be overwritten as gnucash closes.

Regards,

Geert