[GNC] macOS Mojave 10.14.3 cannot open GNUCASH

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us
Wed Mar 20 00:48:06 EDT 2019

> On Mar 19, 2019, at 9:05 PM, suk wah Bernstein <sukwahbernstein at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> tried moving icon from within Finder window to Dock. didn't work.

Does that mean that you weren't able to get it to stay in the Dock?

> moved Gnucash icon onto desktop.
> clicked icon. still cannot open after 'verification'

Is it verifying every time you try to open it? That should happen only the first time you try to open it after copying it to Applications.

> opened Applications/Utilities/Terminal.
> typed in /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash
>
> now what do i do?

Press Return

> 'copy any output after that and paste it into a reply.' what does this mean?

It means that you drag your mouse over the output with the button held down so that the text is highlighted. Let go of the mouse and hold down the command-key while pressing C. Open a reply email, click in it, then hold down the command-key while pressing V. The text from Terminal that you highlighted will be copied into the email.

Regards,
John Ralls