[GNC] macOS Mojave 10.14.3 cannot open GNUCASH

suk wah Bernstein sukwahbernstein at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 10:53:14 EDT 2019

please see my responses to yours embedded in blue in msg below.

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 9:48 PM John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us>
wrote:

> > On Mar 19, 2019, at 9:05 PM, suk wah Bernstein <
> sukwahbernstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > tried moving icon from within Finder window to Dock. didn't work.
>
> Does that mean that you weren't able to get it to stay in the Dock? yes,
> i wasn't able to get it to stay in Dock.
>

> > moved Gnucash icon onto desktop.
> > clicked icon. still cannot open after 'verification'
>
> Is it verifying every time you try to open it? That should happen only the
> first time you try to open it after copying it to Applications. yes, it
> verified the two times i tried to open.

a new thing just happened. i tried to drag icon from desktop into
Applications. a color wheel keeps turning between icon and Applications. i
noticed, somehow, i had highlighted GNUCASH-INTEL-2.4.7

> > opened Applications/Utilities/Terminal.
> > typed in /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash
> >
> > now what do i do?
>
> Press Return
>

> > 'copy any output after that and paste it into a reply.' what does this
> mean?
>
> It means that you drag your mouse over the output with the button held
> down so that the text is highlighted. Let go of the mouse and hold down the
> command-key while pressing C. Open a reply email, click in it, then hold
> down the command-key while pressing V. The text from Terminal that you
> highlighted will be copied into the email.

here it is

dyld: Symbol not found: _inflateValidate

  Referenced from:
/System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib

  Expected in: /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libz.1.dylib

 in
/System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib

Abort trap: 6
Suk-Wahs-MacBook-Pro:~ SukWahB$ dyld: Symbol not found: _inflateValidate

[...]

color wheel is still spinning between icon and Applications. what should i
do? reboot?