[GNC] Example of multi-split feature of CSV importer?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Mar 20 09:47:02 EDT 2019

Michael Hendry <hendry.michael at gmail.com> writes:

[snip]
> Which supports my contention that the use of the term “split” for a
> Ledger Entry causes confusion.
>
> Would anyone think it odd that a different process would be required
> when importing a compound transaction than when importing a simple
> one?

Importing or inputting?

Right now it's the same interface, in general.  The only difference is
whether or not you expand the view to show all the splits.

You CAN enter basic (two-split) transactions in the expanded view.  Or
you can enter them in the basic (one-line) view.  Either way works, and
for many users the basic view is easier to understand.

However, if entering a three-or-more-split (what we call "multi-split",
often shortened to "split") transaction, one MUST used the expanded
view.

> Regards,
>
> Michael

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745