[GNC] End of year rollover

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Thu Mar 21 16:13:45 EDT 2019

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 20:51:00 +0100
Christian Kluge <frakturfreak at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don’t know how to say it, but I think GnuCash might be better off
> with a balance carry over method into the next year.
>
> At least for me in Germany I can’t think of someone accounting for
> more than one year and also only on certain circumstances accounting
> for another period than 01.01. to 31.12.
>
> I don’t know whether it would be possible to have an option the
> gnucash file for the previous year which would be used comparisson
> reports.

Sometimes it is better to ask the question than ask "where is this
solution?"

I think your question is
"Using a single file for accounts in Gnucash, how do you make a
comparison between different financial years?"

There is a way of using a multicolumn report to do this. I don't do it,
so I can't advise.
Did I get your question correct?

Liz