[GNC] End of year rollover

Christian Kluge frakturfreak at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 16:16:07 EDT 2019

Am 21.03.2019 um 21:00 schrieb Derek Atkins:

>> At least for me in Germany I can’t think of someone accounting for more
>> than one year and also only on certain circumstances accounting for
>> another period than 01.01. to 31.12.
>
> Here in the US, organizations are free to set up any financial year they
> wish.  Many still choose a calendar year, but certainly may are on a
> skewed calendar.  Many choose June 30 for the end of the year.  I worked
> one place that was Jan 31.

But still it’s just one year.

The certain circumstances I mentioned are mainly income tax related:

The financial for farmers ends at 30.06. and for forestry it can be 28.02.

A merchant according to German commercial law can choose a financial
year than the calendar year with approval from the tax office.

However if it’s just a small cash accounting business the financial year
is always the calendar year.

And all I’ve said about different financial years doesn’t apply for VAT
which is always reported for the calendar year, which complicates things
even further.

Kind regards

Christian Kluge