[GNC] How to change register colors in gnucash 3.x?

dsp1024 dsp1024 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 26 12:13:46 EDT 2019

I tried your suggestion and I still have no luck. I'm either missing
something basic or the instructions are not correct or clear enough. I
copied the text of the instructions below. I'm leaning towards me missing
something. But I don't see what.

This is what the tool tip says:
"GnuCash uses a yellow/green theme by default for registered windows.
Uncheck this if you want to use the system color theme instead."

--------------------------- instructions start
-----------------------------------
Register Appearance
The GnuCash registers use a yellow/green theme by default for register
windows. Users must disable this default theme in order to change register
appearance.

To override this, one first has to disable this custom theme by disabling
"Use GnuCash built-in color theme" in the GnuCash Preferences.

Next, create or change the GTK css file for further styling tweaks. The
location and name of the resource file is explained in Configuration
Locations.

For adjusting register colors, you can override the relevant css style
definitions in your own GTK3 resource file. See GTK css example for example
settings.
--------------------------- instructions end