[GNC] How to change register colors in gnucash 3.x?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Mar 26 14:45:35 EDT 2019

Interesting, the preference works the opposite for me. I’m on a Mac, but that shouldn’t matter.

Windows has two locations you can put that file.

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\GnuCash
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GnuCash

You tried the second one. Try the first. (or both?)

Other than that, perhaps there is a problem with the css file itself. What app did you use to create it? (be sure it has a .css extension and not .css.txt and that your app is set to linux/unix line endings.)

Also double-check the syntax on that particular css rule, maybe even change the declaration to something more glaring like ‘red’ or ‘pink’ as ’seagreen’ is not far off from the default color. (it is a bit darker though)

You can also try storing that file in the main GTK locations and unchecking the preference. Note, this will likely affect other GTK apps if you have them installed.

Regards,
Adrien