[GNC] Keeping two sets of books

taf abend at pgmguild.com
Sat Mar 30 15:40:13 EDT 2019

Hello,

I've just started using Gnucash.  In the past I've used a basic
bookkeeping package, but it's no longer available. I'm trying to keep
two sets of books... one for personal accounting and one for a
corporation.  I'm running Version 3.4 Build ID: 3.4+ (2018-12-30) on
Windows 7; I've set up the books, saving the books into two different
MySql data bases with separate users and passwords.  So far so good. I
can switch between sets of books by selecting

File->Open...->

and then in the Open dialog, selecting MySql data format and specifying
database, userid, and password.  This seems to be a bit klunky... am I
missing something fundamental?

Ideally I'd like to have two desktop shortcuts, one to use each set of
books, specifying at least format, database and user within the shortcut.

So... any help?