[GNC] De-Reconciliation Settings

D sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 21:53:55 EDT 2019

On May 1, 2019, at 11:55 PM, Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

>Justin,
>> On May 1, 2019, at 11:46 AM, Justin Vallon <justinvallon at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

>It is trivial to re-reconcile a period if the edit was minor and you do this quickly after the edit. (which is why the warning is there, and probably should not be turned off, so there is no ‘hidden’ clearing of flags)

Adrien, re-reconciling a simple transaction may be trivial (and it may not)--but it becomes deeply challenging if you change the description on a complex transaction that has 7 or 8 reconciled splits in different accounts. Pay check transactions for me are like this. If, by chance, you are changing how you recorded these regular transactions, you will quick have hundreds of splits across the chart of accounts to rework. That has happened to me, and it's no fun tracking it all down.

David