[GNC] De-Reconciliation Settings

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed May 1 22:12:58 EDT 2019

David,

At first, I was going to suggest always editing a reconciled transaction from the account you do the reconciliation on.

Of course, that isn’t always part of the workflow, and isn’t always optimal.

And then, based on what it appear you are describing though in a different case, I considered what I hadn’t thought of before — refactoring a non-reconciled expense/liability/income/equity account that is a split of hundreds of reconciled transactions.

The fundamentals of the reconciliation aren’t changing. (date/amount, even description) But the current behavior is clearing the flag on all of those transactions.

Certainly, that is not ’trivial’.

Point taken.

And another case for narrowing the criteria for clearing the flag, or making it a user preference.

Regards,
Adrien